Friday, September 5, 2014

Wantable Accessories September 2014

Hmm, where to begin? I have been dying to get this collection ever since I got my August Accessories collection from Wantable. This one was, however, disappointing. I'm returning it. But don't worry! I'm getting another this month. No giving up for G! Let's take a look!


Okay so the first thing I noticed when I got into the box and removed the information sheet was this. If you've gotten an accessories collection from Wantable recently you'll recall they've been sending out our goodies in little velvet-y bags. Very cute, gave a whole air of glam and chic to the collection. Now everything is thrown together in a plastic bag. No issues, really, Thank goodness I didn't have a tangle-prone necklace in there! 


There was a pouch for these Sammi Sunglasses. Retail value $18. They're cute and very dark, which I like a lot! The frames look pretty big on my face but I could make it work. 

Next up we have the Olivia Hair Tie. Retail value $9. So it's not un-cute? It's nice but a)it's not on an ouchless elastic (Am I spoiled by Goody? Probably!) and b) I have a feeling I will try to wrap that around my giant curls and the elastic will snap and I'll be left with a useless gold nothing. The idea, however, is cute. But this is not a win for me.



I was really excited about this one. This is the Melissa Watch in Gold. Retail value $29. First of all, it's rose gold. Not that that's a problem, just a fact. Second, there are already scratches on the band and the way it feels well, it reminds me of something you'd wear as a kid that leaves green marks around your finger. I LOVE the way it snaps onto the wrist. The open-close but not all-the-way-close feature is really great. And it feels solid, like it wouldn't just fall off as I'm wearing it.



Finally we have the Norah Bracelet. Retail value $18. This bracelet is heavy and feels like the most expensive piece in the collection. However it also looks like costume jewelry when I put it on. And putting it on is a chore but maybe that's just my clumsy fingers. I like the mixed metals and the mixed media. And I could make it work.

So that's the problem with this collection. Everything is "meh" at best and I could make it work. But I don't LOVE anything. I don't feel like I got my $40 worth this time. Any of these pieces I would rock if everything else (or anything else, really) made me excited. But they're all sub par for me. So, despite Wantable claiming a retail value of $74, I am returning the entire box. 

But don't give up hope! I have already placed an order for a second Accessories Collection this month. I'm trusting in Wantable to find me something amazing. And they have a great return policy so I am happy about that. Stay tuned for September Accessories Round 2! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment