Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Plan

Ugh the plan. I mean, I'm all for constant improvement and making myself a better person but just...ugh. Having to lose weight blows. Let's never do this again, okay?

My plan comes in stages. The first two stages are focused primarily on weight loss. The second stage will incorporate low standards of fitness. The last, like, 8 stages will be working towards athletic performance goals including both bodyweight fitness, running, and weight lifting.

Because I am in a hurry to lose weight I am allowing my athletic performance (if you can really call it that at this point) to suffer. I am overweight by a good 25-30 lbs. And over fat as well. During Stage One, if I feel inclined to exercise I will. I won't lift more than the bar, and I'll take it easy if my body is telling me to do so. No pushing it. This is because I am drastically cutting my calorie intake. Details on that to come once this is all over with. Hopefully Stage One doesn't take forever. I'm estimating it to be about a month.

During Stage Two I'll up my calorie intake while still being below maintenance to continue to lose weight while allowing myself to work out. I'll be working on running, push-ups, and sit-ups. Basic stuff. Still probably only lifting the bar.

Beginning in Stage Three I may or may not eat below maintenance. It just depends on if I want to continue to lose weight at that point. But my focus will be primarily athletic performance at that time. I will also begin to focus on my macros here, making sure I'm getting the proper balance of protein, carbs, and fat. Prior to Stage Three I will consider a calorie to be a calorie regardless of nutritional value.

Before I move into the next stage I'll be certain to give details of how everything went, and the detailed plan of the next stage. :)


So that's it! Initial stats to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment