Saturday, November 8, 2014

REVIEW: Smashbox Full Exposure Travel Palette

I recently purchased the travel-size Smashbox Full Exposure palette. I was VERY excited to receive this. It had a decent price tag of $22 which I felt was fair for being a seemingly perfect portable neutrals palette. I expected to be able to build day and night looks however the mood strikes.

The first thing I notice when I open it is that it is TINY. I could carry it in a pocket if I wanted. (I wouldn't, but I COULD.) It's very slim which excites me because in a few days I'm taking a loooong international flight and packing as light as possible is always my focus.

At first glance, it seems pretty nice. From left to right you see warm to cool colors, sparkly shades on top and matte on the bottom.

I thought the matte shades were decent. Nothing special, they didn't have that buttery texture I expected from Smashbox. The shimmer shades, though... I do not like them. With the exception of the third from the left (light tan with gold/silver pearl), they are AWFUL. I can't even call them eyeshadows, they're like crappy glitter with ridiculous fallout. I tried them wet and dry, didn't matter. They suck. I'm not returning it because I really did need a portable little neutrals palette but if I could go back in time, I wouldn't buy it again.

Positives: mattes are okay, soooo portable, not too expensive

Negatives: not high quality powders, shimmer shades are crappy glitter and not pigmented, case flimsy

0/10 would buy again.

I will use it begrudgingly. I'm not likely to use most of the shimmer shades. What a waste! Also, if you were wondering, they're not the same size pans as in the full-size. They're smaller, which is okay with me, I wanted something tiny. But for the price tag and the quality, I expected SOMETHING better than what I got.

BOOOOO Smashbox! You can do better!

NINJA EDIT: Okay, I'm returning this. This is a travesty. I expect much higher quality from Smashbox. I will be returning it and possibly going for an Urban Decay or Too Faced neutrals palette to replace it. I say again, BOO SMASHBOX.

No comments:

Post a Comment