Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Fried Rice

I went for fried rice today. The very first restaurant I visited when I got to this duty station was a ramen place just off base. But I don't go there for ramen. In fact, I've never eaten ramen. I know, I know.. worst tourist ever. I get excited when I find American food.

Anyways, this place has THE BEST fried rice! Hngggg.

You walk in and there's a vending machine by the front door.

You put in your yen, pick out your food/drink, and out pops a ticket (or multiple if you got a few things) with your order. Then you have a seat and the staff comes to greet you, bring you water, and take your ticket. For my particular order, they ask what flavor. I think the fried rice comes in garlic, soy sauce, and curry flavors? I've had garlic-which is delicious but a little strong, and the soy sauce-which is my favorite.

It comes to the table in this cast iron thingamajig.

Omg my mouth is watering again looking at the photos. You take your spoon and mix the egg (which is raw at this point) and all the goodies.

Until it looks something like this...



And then you go to town with the chopsticks! YUM!



Just wanted to share some noms. One of the few things I'm not afraid to eat out in town.

And I have to say, I'm a picky eater but I have tried a lot. My mother is from an Asian country and I've experience my share of non-American foods. I just happen to know my palate is very simple and very white bread. Very American! Which makes this duty station less fun for me than someone with an exciting food life. But it is what you make it. And this rice makes it okay! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment