Thursday, November 20, 2014

Josie Maran Bear Naked Nail Wipes

Hey charming! I got a little goody from Sephora today. :)



Josie Maran Bear Naked Nail Wipes are a great find. For my job, I'm required to keep kind of boring fingernails. Definitely short, which is my preference to begin with. But they have to "complement" my skin tone, which is interpreted in way too many ways. The easy way is to just have them look natural and avoid all questions. I used to enjoy frequent trips to the nail salon to get a fresh coat of OPI GelColor in Bubble Bath, my all-time fave. But since I've been overseas it's become a little tricker and I'm having to learn to do my own nails. Luckily it's hard to tell how bad I suck using such natural shades. 

Still, it's fun to put on a coat of color for the weekend. It's usually hell on my nails and especially my cuticles to just use the regular acetone, so once I heard good things about this Josie Maran product, I was quick to put in an order.

The box says:
These portable 3-in-1 nail wipes remove nail polish, repair dry cuticles, and promote healthy nails--naturally. Acetone-free and grapefruit scented, Bear Naked Nail Wipes are infused with organic Argan Oil to moisturize cuticles and support nail growth.
Acetone-free? Sounds like hippie stuff that isn't going to remove nail polish. But it got my CND Vinylux Weekly Nail Polish off without a problem. The light scent is pleasant, and neither overpowering nor long-lasting. The wipes are tiny and thin which are troubling initially. But I got my fingernails and toenails taken care of with only one. They had an oily residue-no doubt the Argan oil mentioned on the box. I actually quite like them. Especially with winter on the horizon and my crazy handwashing habits, a little extra TLC where I can get it is welcome. I'm definitely excited to see if they do in fact give love to my nails in addition to removing polish. If so, I'm likely to take better care of my nails and keep a nice home manicure going instead of letting it go and go and go until I look like a homeless hooker below the wrists.


No comments:

Post a Comment