Monday, October 20, 2014

REVIEW: Simple Being Slimming Smoothie

I'm always looking for ways to increase my protein intake. I am just terrible at getting it from my diet. Ideally I would nom on steaks and chicken and bacon every meal, but I just don't have the time to organize that. My job takes me to weird locations in the world where I don't always have access to the food I want. I'm lucky to see eggs a few times per week. The easiest thing to provide people? Carbs. So don't worry, I get plenty of calories from carbohydrates. Too damn many if you ask me. Or my waistline.

I recently got a sample of the Simple Being Slimming Smoothie in Vanilla Bean (it also comes in Chocolate Truffle) which came in a convenient little "portion pack." So this product sells for either $50 in a tub (28 servings) or $40 for a box of 12 portion packs. Obviously you get a better deal in the tub, but honestly I'm not completely opposed to the packs as it would be a very convenient way to carry it around if I wanted to pre-fill my shaker with water and just add it in when I'm ready.

I had intended to actually make a smoothie with this but due to the craziness of work I ended up taking it as breakfast after lifting this morning. It was pretty tasty as far as protein goes. It wasn't chalky, it mixed easily with cold water. It was gross-looking, kind of a milky weird ick. I would like to try it blended with frozen fruit or instant coffee and ice! I'm surprised at its nutrition, actually. 110 calories per serving, 26 g protein, 1 g carb, 0 g fat. Huh. Now I'm not looking for a low-fat protein in the least, but the low carb is nice. Plus the lack of fat makes it a lower calorie option so that's a win.

My go-to protein boasts 6 g less protein, 4.5 g more carbs, and 1.75 g more fat. And a heftier price tag. 10/10 would buy the tub and give it a shot. :)

RECOMMENDED!

Simple Being Slimming Smoothie Tub HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment