Monday, October 6, 2014

Garnier Clean+ Nourishing Cleansing Oil Review


So I just gave this stuff a try and.. I really like it. It works just like the much pricier Dermalogica Precleanse that I've been using for years. You apply it to your completely dry face and massage it into your skin to loosen up whatever is on there: makeup, oil, hydraulic fluid, oatmeal, whatever. I don't pretend to know your whole life story and what crazy things may end up on your face over the course of the day. Then you get some water on your hands and massage it into your now super oily skin to "emulsify" it which basically means to make a mixture out of the oil and water. Then you rinse and it easily rinses clean.

Before I tried the Precleanse I was pretty horrified at the idea of using oil to clean my face but I've had NOTHING but positive experiences. Shoutout to my esthetician! In my teen years I did everything I could to suck the oil out of my face and it didn't help all that much. But now I don't fight against it, I work WITH it and Bam! Instant awesome!

Using a cleansing oil dissolves the crap on my face so that it rinses cleanly away, removing the need for harsher products. I can just rinse, or if I'm in the mood to super clean (or I'm preparing to use an exfoliant or masque or both), I use the oil first and then my regular cleanser. SUPER clean, not super dried out.

I'm not quite sure the difference in quality between this drugstore oil and the spa quality one I've been using. But I'm going to spring for a bottle (I mean $7 vs. $40 why not?!) and I'll see if it has an effect in the long term.

So my quickie review:

It smells nice. It breaks down the junk on my face and waterproof mascara. It does leave a little cloudiness in my eyes, but I've removed my contacts beforehand each time I've used it just in case it did that. I haven't noticed that with Precleanse unless I open my eyes a bunch while I'm using it, but this stuff seemed to seep into my eyeballs. Didn't hurt or irritate at all, things were just blurry for a few moments. Overall, I give it my thumbs up and I can't wait to give this a long-term try!

P.S. The bottle says it's for dry skin. I'm telling you: I have combination-to-oily skin and cleansing oils work wonders! Don't be afraid!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment